Sunday, July 26, 2009

Present for a girlfriend

My husband's girlfriend that is ..... and don't get concerned; she's 82, a real sweetie, and in the hospital with something serious and needs a little pick-me-up. As a carpenter, he's always in some other woman's kitchen making it nice for her. Every once in a while he finds a keeper to go on the "girlfriend" list and they become part of our family. He even picked out the pattern for this table topper while sitting patiently (or not so patiently) in the LQS last Saturday afternoon.



For something fairly simple, the pattern instructions were unclear and required a lot of thought to figure out what the instructions really "meant". I checked, it was written in 1998. You would think that sometime in the past 11 years someone with no prior knowledge would have tried the pattern and discovered the problem. Ah well, it was good for a puzzle and I like the way it turned out.

I'll send this out with him tomorrow morning to deliver - hope she likes it!

Take care all,

Lisa

6 comments:

  1. Very nice, and of course she'll like it! My husband is a handyman and he also has several widows that he helps out, brings them papers, groceries, cuts their lawn, etc. You are lucky to have such a nice guy for a husband!
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice thought! And it turned out really well, in spite of the difficulties in the pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same sort of husband--don't you just love it? I think it turned out perfect, sorry for the problems but you can't tell anything went wrong by looking at it. Great job and blue is my favorite color!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so pretty... it does look like a simple pattern but some pattern makers can sure word things to make them hard to figure out. I just love the colour choices.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the table topper... It is great that y'all adopt folks to look after. Molly and I are into that too. It is a shame more people can't see past their own front doors. A gift like you made or a simple visit/kind-word works wonders in a lonely life.

    Keep up the good work

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the "girlfriend" comment! Nice that you have such a great guy in your life! Lisa

    ReplyDelete