Saturday, July 17, 2010

Progress during the week

So I've managed to make some progress this week on the back for Pick & Choose. Didn't figure out what the borders would be for the top, but got the back center pieced and laid out and rearranged a time or two.

This is where I started with the layout

But that seemed sort of blah, so after continued playing I came to this ...

Which was pretty cool I thought, then I just moved a few blocks to "improve" the layout. I even unsewed 4 blocks to get darker centers there so the design would show better, and I unsew only under duress!! I hate it, but I have to admit I like the layout much better after so I suppose I'll have to be willing to frog stitch once in a while. Sigh.

So that's the progress made this week. I'm hoping to get these all starched & ironed & trimmed to size over the weekend among the other chores, and then the plan (such as it is) is to get these sewn together mornings next week. A plan. We'll see.

Have a great weekend!

Oops, and I just walked past the design wall and rearranged again! Maybe this is it! ;>


  1. Wow, you did a great job. I'm always impressed by people who can sew curves/

  2. I like what you came up with for the final design.

  3. I like either of the last two designs. It looks great!

  4. Shirley, these aren't too hard, I even did them without pinning. The Circle Dance templates came with pretty detailed instructions. It's a matter of lifting the top piece slightly and straightening out the bottom piece very gently as you go. Still, it's pretty easy to screw up too! The first few worked great, then I had a few that really needed to be redone. So I stopped. Apparently, you only get a limited number of good ones in one sitting. :)