Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Told ya - this is my favorite part

Rearranging on the design wall - I'm having a blast with these blocks. 3 more layouts for 1/2 square triangles.







I don't know where I'm going at this point - just playing with the light & dark. I actually think I'm going to incorporate some 4-patches into the design as well - now to decide whether the 4-patches will be greens with whites/off-whites or more light/dark greens. I'm leaning toward greens with whites - or maybe blues? I always like blue & green together - feels peaceful. :>

And I sent off that last quilt to its destination earlier this week. It'll arrive the actual day of dad's birthday like maybe it could be argued that I planned it that way instead of it just happened that way. That quilt didn't really have a name, (I'd been calling it the star quilt) but that morning in the shower it "told" me to call it Celebrate. I liked that name. It's appropriate both for the look and the intent.

Have a great day!
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment